WELCOME!

Blog by Melina Scherer

    
                                                        Photo by Melina Scherer

    Hey Y'all!

                My name is Melina, I am from the capital of Kansas: Topeka. I grew up in the city of Topeka but have some family out in the country too. I often like to say thats where I gained my love for the country. I grew up going to Texas where my uncle lives and we would go to a place called Garner State Park. Garner State Park is Located in Concan Texas. 

    Garner holds a special place in my heart, not only due to the late nights with my cousins but also learning to two-step and meeting some great friends. One of my friends Blaine, I met when I was a Freshman in High School and kept in contact with. We ended up both being at Garner the same night when I was a senior. We have been in touch all 4 years and many more after that. That night was a night to remember, we both grew up and talked all about what has happened in the past couple of years. It was a great night to dance with not only Blaine but also some of his friends. 

    When I turned 18 I began country swing dancing more, I would go to Dirty Dawgs in Manhattan, Kansas and it eventually became my hobby. I would be in Manhattan every weekend dancing with friends and just enjoying some good country music. Country swing dancing was easy to me, I grew up dancing since I was a little kid and then ever since just kept dancing and turned to swing dancing. I believe its a hobby that just lets me be me and just relax and be present. 

    In the next couple of posts I want to talk about Country Swing Dancing, and the details all about it. 



                                                                    Work Cited 


“Garner State Park.” Garner State Park - Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, 18 Aug. 2023, tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/garner.

Melina Scherer - Manager - Greatlife Topeka | Linkedin, www.linkedin.com/in/melina-scherer-63b771273. Accessed 6 Oct. 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Not Get Scared

How To Find Swing Dancing In Your Area