How To Find Swing Dancing In Your Area

 Post by Melina Scherer


Photo by Melina Scherer


    Many of you may not know what country swing dancing is. Some of you may know a little bit about swing dancing through TikTok or instagram reels, or if you are like me, you grew up with country swing dancing. I personally had the chance to go to Texas every year and two step with strangers. Yep, that's right, complete strangers that I had never met. I would come back to kansas and wish I had a place I could go two stepping or go swing dancing.

     I did some research and found some country bars here in Kansas. One of the places is, Wild Horse Saloon. Wild Horse Saloon is located in Topeka, Kansas and you have to be 21 to enter into the building and they have a nice dance floor. One of my personal favorite location to dance at is Dirty Dawgs in Manhattan, Kansas. I really like Dirty Dawgs due to a few reasons, one being I have met some good friends there and we have all grown since we all have began to dance, and also they have pool tables. If you are like me, sometimes playing pool gives you a break from constantly dancing. There are some bars in Kansas City that I have not yet gone to but have heard great things about, one is Guitars and Cadillacs. My friends said they have live music and they have a great crowd that comes out to dance! 

    Swing dancing can be very nerve-racking to try at first, but once you do it and you learn moves and you make friends and learn line dances it becomes a fun thing to do on the weekend. You can go swing dancing with some girlfriends or maybe even a significant other. Swing dancing for me is like a get away, I get to go dance with my friends and not have to worry about anything besides if I am doing a move wrong. Swing dancing should be fun and a non stressful thing to do.

    I hope to see you on the dance floor at a local country dancing bar! 

    


                                                                        Works Cited 

“Dirty Dawgs.” Facebook, www.facebook.com/p/Dirty-Dawg-Saloon-100057410892467/. Accessed 6 Oct. 2023.

“Guitars & Cadillacs: Live Music Venue in Overland Park, KS.” Guitars & Cadillacs | Live Music Venue in Overland Park, KS, www.guitarsandcadillacs.com/. Accessed 6 Oct. 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Not Get Scared

How to find dance partners

WELCOME!